Other projectsForest Estate
Quamichan Net Zero Home
Georgia Park Heights Custom Home
Genoa Bay Custom Home
Goldstream Heights Custom Home
Bare Point Custom Home
Modern Family Farmhouse
Cobble Hill Transitional
Thetis Island Oceanfront Renovation
Maple Bay Custom Rancher
Marble Bay Lake House
Lakeside Modern Farmhouse
Southview Carriage Home
Driftwood Custom Home
Saltair Custom Home
Yellowpoint Pilon Renovation
Emandare Vineyard Guest House
Mill Bay Rancher
Shawnigan Lake Timber Frame
Quamichan Net Zero Home
The Quamichan Net Zero Home is designed by award-winning Hoyt Design Co. It is located on the shores of Quamichan Lake in Duncan. It features 3,397 sq. ft. of living space over 2 levels. The design had to be carefully crafted to fit between two existing homes on a tight subdivision lot. But it captures the views of the lake beautifully through the large triple pane windows.
This custom home has 3 bedrooms, 3.5 bathrooms, a fitness room, and a large workshop. The home also includes a 474 sq. ft. garage and two levels of decking at the rear.
The “Net Zero” label means that this home produces as much energy as it is consuming. It also means it meets hundreds of other standards required for a high efficient home. The Quamichan Net Zero Home was built to the highest tier (Step 5) on the BC Step Code.
Overall, this custom home is 80+% more energy-efficient than typical new homes. The solar panels then produce the remaining energy needed by the homeowners. Advanced HVAC systems reduce energy use and create a healthier environment by filtering indoor air to reduce dust and allergens. Enhanced air tightness and insulation further improve indoor comfort. Quamichan Net Zero Home is not only at the forefront of sustainability, but also provides the ultimate comfortable living experience.
- Best Custom Net Zero Home
Read the full Press Release for the 2023 CHBA National Awards.
- Best Custom Home $1 – $1.5 Million
- Best Energy Labelled Home – Custom
Read the full Press Release for the 2023 Georgia Awards.
- Gold – Best Single Family Detached Home $1 – 1.2 Million
- Silver – Best New Home Design under 4,000 sq. ft.
- Silver – Best Interior – Residential Under 3,500 sq. ft.
- Silver – Best Contemporary Kitchen over 250 sq. ft.
Read the full Press Release for the 2022 CARE Awards.
Made to Last is the Cowichan Valley’s most awarded custom home builder. Visit our Awards page for a full list of our awards and recognitions.
View our build on YouTube
Watch as we constructed the Cowichan Valley’s first CHBA Labelled Net Zero Home.
Why consider building a Net Zero or Net Zero Ready home?
- Save money on your utility bill.
- Utilizing higher performance materials and construction, your home will be more durable.
- This type of home is quieter to live in thanks to being well insulated and tightly built.
- By choosing to build a Net Zero home, you are doing your part to protect against climate change.
- Rebates on mortgage insurance premium.
If you are interested in learning more about the benefits involved in building a Net Zero home, check out our article Do Net Zero Homes Save You Money?
Quamichan Net Zero Home Build Partners:
- Home Design: Hoyt Design Co
- Interior Design: Wilson Unique Interiors
Cabinetry: Cowichan Woodwork
- Landscape Design: Alfresco Living Design
- Energy Modeling: Bernhardt Contracting
- Electrical: Enhanced Connections
- Solar Energy: Shift Energy
- HVAC: Sub Zero Heating & Cooling
Stone: Abaca Stone
Wood Flooring: Craft