This position is responsible for the management of 2-6 custom home completions each year, from the beginning of groundwork to handing over the keys to very satisfied customers. Key responsibilities include:
- Create and manage project schedules.
- Communicate with clients regularly and positively.
- Communicate with subcontractors as required to ensure effective performance.
- Schedule and manage our carpenters/labourers in a way that leads to effective performance and creates a culture of safety, collaboration, and growth.
- Order/purchase project supplies and materials and assist bookkeepers by confirming all charges.
- Ensure all projects are completed with the quality and excellence that separates Made to Last as the premier house builder in the Cowichan Valley.
WHO YOU ARE
Made to Last is looking for a focused and hard-working individual with proven experience in running residential construction projects. You must exhibit excellent communication skills, organizational ability, and the capacity to work and lead others. Proficiency with computer and phone-based applications is a requirement.
Made to Last emphasizes a detail-oriented approach to building, and we are looking for an individual who is eager to strive for excellence. We celebrate healthy relationships, and we expect positive and gracious communication with all our clients and subcontractors, and within our team.
Made to Last prides itself in employing people of high character. You are an individual who has an exceptional work ethic. You practice humility, are teachable, and take initiative. All current Project Managers are Red Seal Journeyman Carpenters, and to fill this role, you must understand proper building practices as well as be able to strap on a tool belt if needed for the benefit of the team or individual projects.
- Hours: The Project Manager will be a full-time position (maintaining 40 hours/week). The hours could be somewhat flexible, but generally, are Monday-Friday starting at 8 am each day.
- Compensation: Starting salary will be $70,000-$80,000 annually based upon qualification and experience. Made to Last offers an optional benefits package. A company phone will be provided.
- Vehicle: The Project Manager is required to have a personal vehicle for work use. Work travel will generally not be reimbursed but should be recorded and claimed as a deduction from income taxes.
- Location: The successful candidate is expected to live within the Cowichan Valley. The Project Manager will be on project job sites each day but should also have access to a desk/computer at home.
For further information on the company and the role, please contact email@example.com.
Please submit a cover letter and resume via email for consideration.
We appreciate all interest, but we can only commit to contacting those who have been shortlisted. Applicants must speak English fluently and be legally entitled to work in Canada in order to be considered.