Made to Last Custom Homes Ltd. is a growing residential construction company, located in the Cowichan Valley on Vancouver Island, BC. Our company has been in operation since 2011, and primarily builds quality custom homes.
Made to Last is offering a challenging and rewarding career opportunity for an experienced Executive Assistant & Construction Estimator.
The Executive Assistant & Construction Estimator position is central to the overall success of delivering quality homes on time and on budget to Made to Last’s clients. You will work closely with the General Manager, providing a range of services. Your chief task will be to lead the Estimating process for new custom homes. The Executive Assistant & Construction Estimator is detail-oriented, is able to analyze items from multiple angles, and works well both independently and within a strong team.
Key responsibilities include:
- Work directly with the General Manager and assist them in various duties related to client support and the pre-construction stage of custom home building.
- Develop and provide high-level Estimates for potential clients.
- Maintain a consistent relationship with subtrades and solicit quotes with thorough explanation of project specifications.
- Perform quantity takeoffs where necessary.
- Complete Estimates and review with the General Manager and help with presentation for potential and signed clients.
- Support General Manager in permit preparation and submittals.
- Support the Project Managers in budget management.
Who You Are
Made to Last is looking for a thorough and detail-oriented individual with proven experience in estimating, construction, office administration, bookkeeping, and/or other related fields. Proficiency with Microsoft Office is a requirement.
We celebrate healthy relationships, and we expect positive and gracious communication with all our clients and subcontractors, and within our team.
Made to Last prides itself in employing people of high character. You are an individual who has exceptional work ethic. You practice humility, are teachable, and take initiative.
Hours: The Executive Assistant & Construction Estimator role will be a full-time position. The hours can be flexible but will generally occur between Monday-Friday 8AM-5PM.
Compensation: Starting wage will be $26-30 per hour based upon qualification and experience. Made to Last offers an optional benefit package.
Location: The Executive Assistant & Construction Estimator position is based in the Cowichan Valley. The successful candidate will spend time working in our office in Duncan, visiting jobsites, and should also have access to desk at home.
Please submit a cover letter and resume via email for consideration.
We appreciate all interest, but we can only commit to contacting those who have been shortlisted. Applicants must speak English fluently and be legally entitled to work in Canada in order to be considered.