This position is responsible for the management of all bookkeeping functions within the organization.
- Receive and record vendor invoices, ensuring all invoices are reviewed by a manager and entered into Quickbooks.
- Accurately pay vendors in a timely manner according to their organization’s requirements.
- Create client invoices on a semi-monthly basis working with the General Manager to preserve excellent client relationships.
- Record client invoices into project specific budget tracking documents highlighting any areas of concern to the General Manager.
- Deposit, record and communicate client payments and account status.
- Perform payroll for salary and hourly employees on a semi-monthly basis. This includes requesting timesheets, preparing payments and sending the information to the General Manager and Owner.
- Review timesheets, coding billable hours into applicable labour categories in consultation with the General Manager.
- Enter and accurately track billable hours for all clients.
- Reconcile all company bank accounts and credit cards monthly.
- Submit federal payroll deductions and corporate tax installments on a monthly basis.
- Prepare and submit GST and WBC remittances on a quarterly basis.
- Provide financial reports and updates to General Manager and Owner on a weekly and monthly basis.
- Prepare investment reports based on provided statements monthly.
- Assist in the administration required when onboarding and offboarding new employees.
- Take initiative to improve Made to Last wherever possible.
- Other duties as assigned.
Made to Last expects its employees to reflect its vision of being a builder that is detail-oriented, focused on quality, and transparent in its communication. As such, we expect the Bookkeeper to be:
- Extremely organized and detail-oriented;
- Hard-working and self-motivated;
- Efficient and clear in all communication;
- Humble and teachable;
- Always striving for excellence;
- Honest and transparent;
- Willing to tackle any task for the sake of serving Made to Last, its clients, or others.
Other Job Details
Hours: The Bookkeeper role will maintain 20-40 hours per week based on the successful candidate’s availability and skillset. The hours can be flexible but will generally occur between Monday-Friday 8AM-5PM.
This is a temporary position to June 2022 with possibility for extension.
Compensation: Starting wage will be $23-26 per hour based upon qualification and experience. Made to Last offers an optional benefit package.
Location: The Bookkeeper will work out of our office in Duncan, BC.
This Bookkeeper position is subject to change with 30 days notice.