Made to Last is offering a challenging and rewarding career opportunity for an experienced Bookkeeper.
Made to Last Custom Homes Ltd. is a growing residential construction company, located in the Cowichan Valley on Vancouver Island, BC. Our company has been in operation since 2011, and primarily builds quality custom homes. Read more about our company on our website.
Bookkeeper Job Summary
This position is responsible for the management of all bookkeeping functions within the organization.
- Receive and record vendor invoices, ensuring all invoices are reviewed by a manager and entered into Quickbooks.
- Accurately pay vendors in a timely manner according to their organization’s requirements.
- Create client invoices on a semi-monthly basis working with the General Manager to preserve excellent client relationships.
- Deposit, record and communicate client payments and account status.
- Perform payroll for salary and hourly employees on a semi-monthly basis. This includes requesting timesheets, preparing payments and sending the information to the General Manager and Owner.
- Review timesheets, coding billable hours into applicable labour categories in consultation with the General Manager.
- Enter and accurately track billable hours for all clients.
- Reconcile all company bank accounts and credit cards on an ongoing basis.
- Submit federal payroll deductions and corporate tax installments on a semi-monthly basis.
- Prepare and submit GST remittances on a monthly basis.
- Prepare and submit WorksafeBC remittances on a quarterly basis.
- Provide financial reports and updates to General Manager and Owner on a weekly and monthly basis.
- Prepare investment reports based on provided statements monthly.
- Assist in the administration required when on-boarding and off-boarding new employees.
- Take initiative to improve Made to Last wherever possible.
- Other duties as assigned.
Made to Last expects its employees to reflect its vision of being a builder that is detail-oriented, focused on quality, and transparent in its communication. As such, we expect the Bookkeeper to be:
- Extremely organized and detail-oriented;
- Hard-working and self-motivated;
- Efficient and clear in all communication;
- Humble and teachable;
- Always striving for excellence;
- Honest and transparent;
- Willing to tackle any task for the sake of serving Made to Last, its clients, or others.
Other Job Details
Start Date: The ideal start date is between November 1-16, 2023. This position will be filled when a suitable candidate is found.
Hours: The Bookkeeper role will maintain 24-40 hours per week based on the successful candidate’s availability and skill-set. The hours can be flexible but will generally occur between Monday-Friday 8AM-5PM.
This is a temporary position to January 2025 with possibility for extension.
Compensation: Starting wage will be $26-32 per hour based upon qualification and experience. Made to Last offers an optional benefit package.
Location: The Bookkeeper will work out of our office in Duncan, BC. On-site free parking is available.
Please submit a cover letter and resume via email for consideration.
We appreciate all interest, but we can only commit to contacting those who have been shortlisted. Applicants must speak English fluently and be legally entitled to work in Canada in order to be considered. Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis once received.